2024 Annual Conference
Our field is rapidly evolving, transforming faster than ever. What remains the same is how Grantmakers for Education and our members are dedicated to helping every learner receive the best education possible. Every single one. We produce conferences so that we can come together to learn how to make this happen.
Mark your calendar for our next conference October 16-18, with a preconference on October 15, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Education for a Thriving Democracy:
Truth, Discourse and Transformation
What is the public promise of education in a vibrant and inclusive multiracial democracy? In an era when democratic processes are routinely tested, defended and changed, this is the central question that education philanthropy is poised to engage at the Grantmakers for Education 2024 Annual Conference.
This is a landmark year, with a national election in the U.S. and milestone anniversaries of historic moments and movements: passage of the Indian Citizenship Act, the Brown v. Board of Education decision, the Stonewall Riots, and more recently, the launch of the internet, global social platforms and artificial intelligence. These and other pivotal events demonstrate that transformational change comes from the efforts of individuals and collectives to reconcile tensions, affirm truths, exchange ideas and act. Education philanthropy has long been active in this process and plays a role in setting expectations and resourcing imaginations and efforts to impact the transformation of education.
At this year’s conference, we will be inspired to sharpen our thinking about teaching, learning, civic participation and equity in the democratic ideal. We will be challenged to expand our ideas about how individual grantmakers and philanthropic organizations show up. We will zoom in on concrete actions and zoom out to ideas and a range of frameworks that grantmakers may need to ensure all learners and leaders may participate fully in their classrooms and communities, with deep and broad opportunities for achievement, mobility, fulfillment and human flourishing.
Become a Conference Sponsor
Five reasons to become a sponsor of the 2024 annual conference:
- Proudly show your support for the advancement of equity in education and philanthropy.
- Further important conversations that dig deep and inspire new thinking.
- Foster tools and learning that empower grantmakers to boost their impact on education.
- Enable networking and collaborations that collectively address challenges not approachable on our own.
- Enjoy a large array of conference benefits.
Conference Session Proposals
The conference session proposal period is open! Submit your conference session proposals from February 26 through March 29.
- Read the conference session proposal guide.
- Submit your proposals here (open to members only).
- Learn more about the conference theme in this video from our executive director.
- Watch a video walk-through of the submission process.
- Join the Out-of-School Time conference session idea exchange on March 7.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.